A blog, Wikipedia will tell you, is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete entries (“posts”) typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first), and that the word itself is a truncation of the expression web log.
The Urban Dictionary is chillingly brutal. Not for them the factual niceties of Wikipedia- in fact the least cruel definition I could find there was that a blog is a recent and disturbing trend on the internet. A blog lets people easily post comments onto a webpage. While blogs have many purposes, some of which can be useful, most people seem to use blogs as a way of having an online diary. These people have such massive egos and are so narcissistic that they believe that other people would be interested in reading their pointless ramblings. Even more disturbing is the fact that many people have such boring lives that they have nothing better to do than to read these stupid online diaries… Hopefully, “blogging” will turn out to be just a fad that passes quickly.
Fad or no fad, blogging does not promise to go away that quickly, although reactions to blogs (including this one) can range from an extreme lack of interest and stifled yawns to something less disengaged that translates into several “hits” or featuring on being freshly pressed.
Be that as it may, I thought that I would bring together all our campus bloggers onto one page, to offer an easy navigation to the different writers in our community. Here they are:
- Ashwin Kumar (IMSc, Chemistry)
- Bharati Neelamraju (IMSc, Physics)
- Surya Abhishek (IMSc, Physics)
- Abu Saleh (Ph D, CCL, School of Humanities)
- Shiva Sai Ram (IMA, Economics)
- Kumar Ashish (Ph D, School of Economics)
- Intaj Ali (Ph D, CCL, School of Humanities)
- Rakesh Nanjappa
- Ananya Mohanty
- Natha (Ph D, CNCS)
- Lalitha Niharika (Ph D, School of Life Sciences)
- Niraj (Ph D, School of Mathematics)
- S M Ahmed (PSO, Central Instrumentation Laboratory)
- Usha Raman, Faculty, Sarojini Naidu School
- Seema Mishra, Faculty, School of Life Sciences
- Distinguished Lectures Photoblog
- The UoH Dispatch Online (A somewhat erratic blog… but ours)
For now just listing regular blogs, so please let me know of others that are not included here but should be. Thanks. This is a diverse group, united only in the fact that we all inhabit the physical space of the campus, but still. Only 15? I thought there’d be more…